Video Production Terms to Know Part 2
We are back with Raleigh NC video production terms you can familiarize yourself with. When you work with a team to shoot your marketing video, you’ll understand what is being said with help from the following information!
Raleigh NC Video Production Terms to Know!
- Aliasing: An undesirable distortion component that can arise in any digitally encoded information (sound or picture).
- Aerial Shot: An extremely high angle view of a subject usually taken from a crane or a high stationary camera position, but may also refer to a shot taken from an actual airplane or helicopter.
- ADR: Automatic Dialog Replacement. Also known as “looping.” A process of re-recording dialog in the studio in synchronization with the picture.
- Three-point lighting – a common type of lighting setup that lights a subject from three different sources in order to control shadows and balance contrast. The three lights are typically called back, key and fill.
- Telephoto – a lens that uses a telephoto group to enable a longer focal length than the physical body of the lens would normally permit. This allows the lens to magnify images, while maintaining its small size.
- Sync – or synchronization refers to the sound lining up properly with the image.
- Storyboards – drawings that show each scene of your film, creating a blueprint for your movie. Storyboards provide a clear and concise visual plan for what you need to shoot or animate
- Stop motion – an animation technique used to make objects appear as if they were moving freely.
- Split screen – this incorporates more than one simultaneous image in the screen. Usually it’s divided in two, but there can be many more.
- Swishblog – a unique way of vid-blogging that makes use of quick pans or tilts at the beginning and end of every shot to transition between clips and give your video a fun feel that seems like a dream.
- Steadicam – a flying camera stabilizer (often comprised of an arm, vest, and sled) that enables cinematographers to get smooth moving shots.
For more Raleigh NC video production terms, visit back with our next blog post, soon!
It’s important to remember how influential video is in today’s time. Everyone wants to watch a video. Whether it’s informational, entertaining, or educational, video is the way of the world. Don’t let your competitor beat you time and time again, because your business isn’t taking advantage of the power of video. Contact our Raleigh NC video production team at TigerHive Creative Group, soon! We can get started planning your marketing video to help push product and service sales!
If you missed our previous blog posts containing more Raleigh NC video production terms, visit with them, below:
Video Production Terms Part 1
Video Production Terms Part 2
Video Production Terms Part 3
Video Production Terms Part 4