The Second Largest Search Engine
Raleigh Video Production: The Second Largest Search Engine
When you think search engine, your thoughts are likely with our Raleigh video production team’s; they go to Google, Bing, or Yahoo. While those are all logical choices, they are overlooking one particular search engine that gets left behind. YouTube has been around for less than a decade and is considered a search engine. It has effectively become the second largest search engine in the world. Wow, right? Our thoughts exactly.
This revelation just goes to show that all our discussion about the importance of video marketing and advertising should be taken very seriously. It’s nice to know that there’s a key platform out there for all the videos being filmed and used for marketing.
According to socialmediatoday.com, “The online video sharing service, developed by a trio of former PayPal employees in February 2005, now allows users to upload, watch, and share videos to each other and to other websites, such as Facebook.
At present, the headquarters of YouTube is in San Bruno, California. It shows an extensive array of video content generated by users though HTML5 and Adobe Flash Video technologies. The typical uploaded contents are movie and TV clips, music videos, video blogs, marketing videos, educational videos, and original videos.”
What’s more, almost all videos uploaded to YouTube are by individuals, business owners and YouTube partners.
Below, you’ll find a few statistics that will hopefully motivate you to contact a Raleigh video production company for help planning and filming your marketing video to promote your business via Youtube.com:
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 80% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 61 countries and across 61 languages
- According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. The number of people subscribing daily is up more than 3x since last year, and the number of daily subscriptions is up more than 4x since last year
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to grow your business to new levels! Contact TigerHive Creative Group today, to talk more about Raleigh video production and how a marketing or web video can help your business!