A Look at a Career in Graphic Design
Are you considering a career change? Just graduated high school or are looking for your future career? If so, you might consider Raleigh graphic design. Below, you’ll find information regarding this profession and what you can expect from it.
A Career in Raleigh Graphic Design
There are many things to consider before going into the design field. You first have to think about what industry you’ll work in, how the Internet will change and more. According to bls.gov:
- The change in employment of graphic designers from 2014 to 2024 is projected to vary by industry.
- Employment of graphic designers in newspaper, periodical, book, and directory publishers is projected to decline 35 percent from 2014 to 2024.
- Employment of graphic designers in computer systems design and related services is projected to grow 21 percent over the same period.
- With the increasing use of the Internet, companies are increasing their digital presence and graphic designers will be needed to help create visually appealing and effective layouts of websites.
Raleigh Graphic Design Duties
As a designer, you’ll first decide what field you’re going to work in. Newspaper, web design or other sector. Below, you’ll find a list of general job duties you’ll find in any career path in graphic design, according to bls.gov:
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations that help deliver a desired message
- Design layouts and select colors, images, and typefaces to use
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients or art directors into final designs
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Present design concepts to clients or art directors
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Use digital illustration, photo-editing software, and layout software to create designs
You’ll find the following average salaries for various fields in graphic design taken from statistics analyzed in May 2015.
- Wholesale trade – $45,360
- Specialized design services – $49,430
- Printing and related support activities – $37,990
- Newspaper, periodical, book, and directory publishers – $40,790
- Advertising, public relations, and related services -$ 47,070
We hope this information helps you with your decision on what career path you will choose!
TigerHive Creative Group | Raleigh Graphic Design
If you are ready to update your Raleigh graphic design, contact TigerHive Creative Group, soon! We guarantee to boost your sales and grow your business to new levels with a logo that engages and excites! Our professional graphic design team specializes in creating effective logos and other graphics for those that need a change in their business brand and want something more.
Our talented team is dedicated to realizing the vision you have for your business and offers the highest quality graphic design within your budget. Contact our Raleigh graphic design team to get started with your personalized, results-driven solutions for your business.