An Updated Look at Video Marketing Statistics
Raleigh Video Production Statistics
It’s been a while since our Raleigh video production team shared video marketing statistics, so today, we are going to take an updated look at all the benefits of video marketing and video production in Raleigh NC, according to the statistics!
According to Comscore
- 188.2 million people in the US watched 52.4 billion online content videos in December 2013. The average American spent more than 19 hours watching online video.
- Professionally produced video optimized for eCommerce outperforms user-generated video (UGC video) by 30%, delivering a 24.7% lift as compared with an 18.7% lift for the UGC video.
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors.
According to eMarketer:
- 72.1 million US smartphone users watched video on their devices at least monthly in 2013. This is expected to rise to 86.8 million, more than a quarter of the US population, in 2014.
- 93% of marketers used video for online marketing in 2013.
- Marketers who use video in email cite increased clickthrough rates, increased time spent reading the email, increased sharing and forwarding, increased conversion rates, and increased dollars generated as the top benefits.
- Over half of 25-54 year olds share video online.
- One out of four marketers use video in email campaigns. 43% of marketers cite lack of available video content as their reason for not using video in email campaigns, making it the top barrier to the practice.
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Online video is the fastest growing ad format in 2012 with nearly 55% growth.
- 45.9% of US online shoppers researched products in-store before ultimately purchasing online.
- In-store shoppers use their smartphones to access a variety of information, with 65% of shoppers accessing the retailer’s own website, 46% of shoppers accessing a competitor’s website, and 26% of shoppers accessing comparison shopping sites.
- 73% of online retailers used video on product pages in 2010, up from 55% in 2009 and only 20% in 2005. 74% of the top 50 retailers used product videos, 40% used category videos, and 38% used other types of informational videos.
- Affluent consumers prefer video and search to other digital advertising formats, as 41% of affluent online shoppers reported to eMarketer that they took an action after seeing one of these two ad formats.
Raleigh Video Production | TigerHive Creative Group
For a further look at more video marketing statistics, be sure to visit back with our Raleigh video production company, soon. You won’t want to miss out on the opportunity to learn more about the remarkable effects of video marketing!