Common Graphic Design Terms to Know, Continued
Ready to learn more terms to help you get familiar with graphic design in Raleigh NC? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Below, we have even more words and definitions for you to learn!
Terms | Graphic Design in Raleigh NC
- Focal Point – In graphic design terms, the focal point is where you want to draw the reader’s or viewer’s eye.
- Flyer – A single sheet of paper handed out or posted on a wall to advertise or announce something.
- Flexography – A printing technique where printing plates are made of rubber or soft plastic material and then stretched around a drum on the press that rotates.
- Filter – A filter is a pre-created effect that can be applied to images to acquire a certain look.
- Fill – A tool used to fill selected parts of an image with a selected color.
- Feathering – A tool used in graphic design software that makes the edges of an image appear softer.
- E-Zine – Stands for electronic magazine.
- Extenders – The part of a letter which extends above the mid line, such as ‘b’ or ‘d’.
- Export – To save a file in a format supported by other programs.
- Etch – To imprint a design onto the surface of a plate by using a chemical such as acid.
- EPS – Stands for Encapsulated Post Script. This is a graphics file format used to transfer PostScript documents that contain an image, within another PostScript document.
- Engraving – To print designs by cutting the surface of a metal plate.
- Emboss – To give a three-dimensional effect to a text or an image by using highlights and shadows on the sides of the illustration.
- Embedding – Process of transferring all the data of a font or image into the file itself.
- Element – Any distinct part of a layout such as the logo, headline, images, or borders.
- Ear – The rounded part of the lowercase letters such as ‘g’ and ‘q’.
It’s important to remember what great graphic design in Raleigh NC can do for your business. It can help build a lasting brand, attract new customers and offer a wordless description of your business, the quality services or products you offers, as well as, offers the customer something to remember you by for years to come.
If you’re ready to revamp your graphic design in Raleigh NC, contact our team at TigerHive Creative Group. We have the best graphic designer in the area and promise to create quality, eye-catching graphics that leave a lasting impression on your potential and existing customers!